Building a Business around Your Lifestyle
What is your ideal entrepreneurial lifestyle? What is your business about? Are you in real business or just entangled in busyness of life? Many a time, you might know exactly what you want and even how to get it, and would have read all the books that need to be read in a particular field, listen to the expert’s advice but fail to do the things you need to do to make that giant leap. To live that business lifestyle you really desire for. What really stops people from taking action, is it Fear, Procrastination, the status-quo, or you tell me. It’s primarily the lack of courage and confidence to act on those desires.
There is a possible way out of this maze. One rule of thumb has always been to find someone who has already done what you want to do successfully and model that person. Is that easy, probably not but it gives you a sure proof that you too can do it.
So today let me share with you Barb’s 5-step process: building your business around your lifestyle.
1. Determine Your Initial Needs – What amount of money do you need to make monthly to take care of all of your obligations? It’s fine to choose a realistic number, and to not arbitrarily shoot “too high” too soon. Once you’re regularly receiving the initial amount you set, you can always raise your goals from there.
2. Know Your “Big Why” – Money in itself has no value, it’s just paper. But it’s the things that the money will allow you – the things you’ll be able to do, be, have, and experience as a result of that money – that’s what’s important. If you want to manifest abundant income in your business, you need to know what it’s for. Money for the sake of money is not a big enough “driver” for most people – what dreams can you fulfill with that money?
3. Design Your Desired Lifestyle – How many days do you want to work each week? How many hours each day? How many clients do you want to serve? Define these parameters from the beginning, rather than just “hoping” somehow it will end up this way. Once you know these details, it will inform how you design your programs, and how you price them!
4. Create Your Programs and Packages – Knowing how much you need to make, how often you want to work, and how many clients you want to serve, you can now design the appropriate programs and packages that will meet those needs!
Remember that your clients are always paying for the results – the outcomes that they’re going to achieve from working with you…. the alleviation of their stuck points and the achievement of their vibrant vision.
5. Choose Your Number – After all of the aforementioned “due diligence,” you should have a good sense of what the appropriate investment for each program or package would be.
Stand by these numbers. Always remember that your fees reflect that confidence you have in your services and the value of the transformation your clients achieve. When you come from that position of power, your clients will feel that conviction. And this gives them the encouragement to make that empowered next step, pay you what you’re worth, and create the life they’ve always desired.
More resources check: Business Coach & Mentor Barb Wade specializes in teaching entrepreneurs how to make more money more easily while enjoying a business and lifestyle that reflects their priorities. Download Barb’s “Word-for-Word Scripts To Overcome Objections” and book more high-paying clients now at www.BarbWade.com
Recommended Book: How To Do It AT Any Age.