Myths about Goal Settings
1. A goal must be in writing. Not entirely, you can have unwritten goals.
2. A goal must be time-bound. Setting timelines for your goals helps but not all goals need deadlines.
3. A goal must be specific. The truth is that sometimes a goal only gets more apparent when you start working towards it.
4. A goal must be attainable. Sometimes you just don’t have proof that a goal would be achieved. You can only hope and act on your faith.
5. A goal would make you happy. Happiness is a decision. If you tie your happiness on the realization of a goal, you will live life unhappy. You can reach your goals and still feel empty and unfulfilled.
Regardless of these myths, research has proven that people who set goals are largely happier, and are more successful than those who don’t.
So, now let’s get started with our goals.