7 Steps to the DREAMMay 30, 2013 2013-05-30 6:20
7 Steps to the DREAM
7 Steps to the DREAM
7 Steps to the Dream
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ Mark Twain
Here are the steps to help you do it now!
1. Get a dream: In other to have a dream come true you must first have a dream. Identify your dream; your specific goal, your target. I believe everyone has a dream, although some people may say that they don’t have dreams or they can’t remember what they are. The problem is that they have pushed them down so deep that it might take some time to bring them to the surface again. Let your dreams out, you are worth it.
2. Write down Your Dreams: Clearly outline your dreams. Put it into writing and read your major goals every day. Get it engrained in your subconscious. How can you live your dreams if you can’t see what they are? Write them down. Remember; don’t judge your dreams or wonder “how?” you are going to make it happen.
3. Slice the Chunk: Break your dreams down into smaller actionable task and steps you can follow through: Example if your goal is to write a book within a year, write your outlines into chapters and set deadlines on how you are going to write it chapter by chapter. After this, start taking baby steps towards your goal. Each day ask yourself ‘what one specific thing can I do to inch me closer to my dreams’ and then do it.
4. Fight your fears: Stop the dream killers. If you face your fears you become fearless. What’s keeping you from living your dreams? Not enough money or time? There will always be a reason not to do something.
5. Get an accountability partner/team: Some dreams are so huge that you can’t do it all by yourself. You need teamwork to make the dream work. Find an accountability partner if not your team partner, someone who will check on your and hold you accountable on the journey of your dreams. They should be people who love you and will cheer you on as you move toward your dreams.
6. Review your goals: Occasionally pause and look at your goals again, assess yourself how far you’ve gone in the realization of that dream, celebrate tiny progress, correct yourself where you’ve fallen short and get back on track. Remember: The fun part of living your dreams is the journey. Enjoy the journey.
7. Persist/ be relentless: persistence has its own reward. You must arm yourself never to give up, because they will be challenges, storms, and obstacles along the way. Persevere against the odds. Remember: nothing good comes easily.
Make it happen. Anytime you feel like given up, go back and look at your big picture again, your written goals and the reasons why you want it so badly. Keep the dream alive.
Recommended Book “How to DO It at Any Age“